Infermedica creates AI driven solutions that helps insurance, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies increase efficiency, improve patient flow, and reduce costs. With the use of Infermedica’s products: Call Center Triage, Symptom Checker and Medical API, it is easier than ever to pre-diagnose, triage, and connect the patients with the appropriate medical services. All of that allows companies to stand out in the highly demanding market of healthcare. Infermedica’s products are easy to customize, integrate, scalable and available in more than 13 languages.
Infermedica’s diagnosis engine is a powerful solution that uses artificial intelligence to find correct and cost-efficient care for the patients served. The AI suggests the most suitable and cost-efficient action to take such as visiting or calling a doctor, self-care treatment or going to an Emergency Department in case of highly severe symptoms. Infermedica assists patients in making the best decisions regarding their symptoms and allows healthcare companies to save money by making sure that patients use the proper services to treat their health issues.
- Minimize over and under-triage
- Prevent unnecessary visits
- Convert face-to-face visits to tele-consultations
- Standardize the interview process
- Facilitate the documentation process (EHR integration)
- Optimize patient flow
The technology helps companies find out what kind of care their patient needs. Users will know exactly who can stay home, who qualifies for tele-consultation, who should see a doctor or who needs urgent medical care. Accurate triage result allows to connect patients to appropriate medical or insurance services.
According to NEHI Research, $18B could be saved each year if patients were led to appropriate care. For example, insurance companies which uses Infermedica Call Center Triage tool attribute to an 18.9% increase in converting face-to-face visits to tele-consultations which reduces unnecessary costs.
Company’s products have been used by over 3.5 million users worldwide and its technology is offered as white-label solution to health insurance companies and health systems. Some of the key customers include Allianz Worldwide Partners, Dovera, PZU Zdrowie and Medis.
Infermedica has a wide and comprehensive set of AI-powered tools such as:
- Mobile and web symptom checker
- Health voice assistant
- Call center triage software
- Emergency room triage software
- Easy to integrate medical API
Infermedica is constantly developing by participating in programs such as: DreamIT Health (US), Startup Creasphere by Roche (Germany) or Health Hub Vienna (Austria).
How it works
- Collect symptoms: Infermedica Triage resembles a checkup lead by a doctor. First, the patient describes his symptoms, and the operator writes them down with the use of our app.
- Ask questions: The operator starts asking the questions which appear on the screen. From this point on, the interview is led by the AI.
- Get triage results finally, the patient gets accurate and reliable triage information and knows exactly if there is a need of a prompt medical checkup.
The Call Center Triage platform doesn’t require any medical training or education. It can be used by anyone, not only by doctors and nurses. AI engine support employees at every stage of the triage process and provide patients with safe and reliable recommendations.
Users rate the application an average of 4.65 in a 5-point scale (93%).
Why we selected Infermedica for DIA Amsterdam
Infermedica Call Center Triage is a powerful tool that uses artificial intelligence to find correct and cost-efficient care for patients. The goal of the platform is to assist call operators in prompt and accurate pre-diagnosis of patients and to standardize the process of triage interviews. The platform is fully customizable in terms of the triage logic and conversation protocol. Accurate triage lets connect patients to appropriate medical or insurance services. An internal study shows that call centers attribute using Infermedica Triage to an 18.9% increase in converting face-to-face visits to tele-consultations.
The gap between the health needs of the growing and ageing population and medical human resources is growing steadily. This gap can be closed by AI systems, like demonstrated by Infermedica.
At DIA Amsterdam, Piotr Orzechowski, CEO of Infermedica will present Call Center Triage, Patient triage tool for call centers. The system has been developed in close cooperation with two major European health insurance companies Medis (Portugal, part of Ageas Seguros) and PZU Zdrowie (Poland).
Who is Infermedica
Infermedica is a health IT company launched in 2012 which creates AI driven solutions that helps insurance, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies increase efficiency, improve patient flow, and reduce costs. They are a cross-disciplinary team of over 50 doctors, data scientists and software engineers passionate about the potential of AI in preliminary medical diagnosis. The company is led by an expert team with a track record of leadership in clinical trials, IBM Watson project delivery, and AI roll-out to international markets. The company is based in Wrocław, Poland but operates globally with rapidly growing market presence over Europe, North America, Asia and Middle East.
The company is founded by:
- Piotr Orzechowski (CEO) is an experienced IT entrepreneur with strong technical background with key interests in digital health and mobile technologies.
- Irv Loh MD (Chief Medical Officer) is a board-certified internist and certified cardiac specialist with over 30 years of clinical experience. He’s been an advisor to a number of healthcare projects including Sermo and Doximity. Dr. Loh is based in Los Angeles.
- Roberto Sicconi Ph.D. (Chief Science Officer) is a leading expert in man-machine conversational interfaces. He is a former IBM Watson Research Leader with significant experience in healthcare. Roberto is based in New York.
“We want to guide every patient to the right care.”