HiNounou: Insurtech Robots as a Service for the World’s Seniors
HiNounou Intelligent Robot (Shanghai) Company Ltd. is a connected healthcare and intelligent data platform company on a mission to empower the world’s Seniors to live longer, healthier and happier, at home. And in turn this provides peace of mind to Seniors as well as their families. HiNounou is a holistic and innovative home wellness solution and powered by AI, IoT, Blockchain, and Genomics. HiNounou’s platform and ecosystem enables AXA Partners China and Ping An’s first dedicated “insurance as a service” product for China’s Seniors, regardless of their medical history. HiNounou provides Seniors and their families with a one stop, comprehensive home wellness solution.
HiNounou’s wellness platform and ecosystem provide Seniors with access to no-underwriting accident and death insurance as a service up to the age of 100 years through its partner, China’s #1 insurer, PingAn. A 24/7 teleconsultation hotline to medical professionals, is delivered in partnership with the world’s leading insurer AXA, through the AXA Partners China teams.
Following a combined 12 years of R&D in 4 countries, with 4 Nobel Prize-winning University Hospitals, HiNounou has designed a comprehensive healthcare as a service solution for Seniors. HiNounou aims to empower Seniors to live healthier in the comfort of their own homes and in turn provide peace of mind to Seniors as well as their families with its holistic and innovative home wellness solution.
Today the average life expectancy in China for Seniors is 75 years, however, the average healthy life expectancy is only 68 years. This leaves 7 years where the person will be unhealthy, resulting in a significant financial burden on the Senior and their families, with more than 50% of health expenses being paid out of pocket. 80% of chronic diseases can be mitigated with healthy lifestyle choices. While chronic diseases account for 63% of global deaths, health systems are preformatted to cure rather than to prevent illness. A lack of monitoring and preventive measures also result in a lack of timely and effective care. In addition, an acute shortage of caregivers and eldercare facilities for Seniors means a lonely and difficult experience of growing old at home.
How HiNounou works
HiNounou has developed a comprehensive home wellness solution that encourages healthy ageing for the world’s Seniors.
- A Home Wellness Kit that includes Connected Medical Devices (IoT) for regular biomarker monitoring, a DNA Genomic Test specially formulated for chronic disease risk identification and a Senior friendly smartphone with the HiNounou App designed to help Seniors keep regular track of their own wellness. Plus, an AI enhanced Companion Robot soon to follow.
- The Home Wellness Kit allows Seniors and their healthcare providers daily visibility and the power to take preventive action. Daily wellness analysis through the Connected Medical Devices can be completed in just 5 minutes a day.
- China’s first dedicated no underwriting Senior’s accident and death insurance provided by PingAn and a 24/7 tele-consultation hotline with medical professionals provided by AXA.
- An innovative Insurance solution for Seniors
- China’s First Dynamic Pricing Insurance Plan for Seniors
- An intelligent Health Data Platform that securely stores and shares data via blockchain. HiNounou’s blockchain backed Data Platform solves the issues of trust and privacy in the health data network.
- Ensuring Seniors Have Absolute Privacy Control
- A Secure Single Healthcare Record and Increased Interoperability Between Stakeholders.
- Nounou Tokens and the HiNounou Wellness Platform help to actively engage Seniors socially and create incentives to keep Seniors healthy via the regular use of the Connected Medical Devices.
- Seniors Are Rewarded with Nounou Tokens for Keeping Healthy
- Tokens Can Be Redeemed Within the Wellbeing Platform’s Marketplace
Coming soon: AI Enhanced Companion Robot Caring for Seniors at Home
The companion robot connects Seniors to their families, healthcare networks and the wider society. It also provides wellness information and advice, access to entertainment and the HiNounou community network.
- Wellness: Connecting seamlessly to the IoT devices: the robot provides wellness information, daily reports, healthy lifestyle tips, advice and more.
- Entertainment: The robot is also a fun platform: providing access to E-learning, lifestyle coaching, social communities and games.
- Social: The robot provides an immersive experience to communication that facilitates socializing, it also comes with speech recognition and motion tracking.
Why we selected HiNounou for DIA Munchen
HiNounou together with its partners innovate to make health insurance accessible and affordable to senior citizens. Technology and data have the power to improve prevention and optimize the efficiencies of healthcare ecosystems.
HiNounou will enable insurance companies to calculate risks and build customised comprehensive health insurance pricing models based on genuine health records and real-time wellness data provided through the HiNounou ecosystem. HiNounou’s blockchain has the potential to help combat insurance fraud with the adoption of smart contracts, whilst ensuring a vast increase in the efficiency of information flow and payments between insurers and reinsurers. Potentially allowing for a significant lowering of insurance premiums.
Charles Bark, founder will be showcasing the One stop full total solution Wellness insurtech Kit that HiNounou currently sells in China. He will present together with their partner AXA Labs ASIA founder and CEO Frank Devisgnes.
Who is HiNounou?
Founded in 2016 by Charles Bark. HiNounou now has branches in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore.
Charles is a serial entrepreneur, in January 2018 he was named by French President Emmanuel Macron as one of the top 3 French entrepreneurs in AI in China. He has invested over 5 years in R&D in IoT Robotics for HiNounou, for which he holds 5 patents. He is currently a PHD candidate in AI Robotics for Elderly Predictive Care and has published a research paper on fall prevention for elders. Charles hails from University of Oxford, UTC, HEC Paris and has worked in France, South Korea, Africa and China.
HiNounou partners with: Bayer, AXA, PingAn, ZTE Angelcare, Wailimai, L’Atelier BNP Parisbas.
Founder and CEO Charles Bark
“This is my dream to take care of my aging mother who lives far away from me. Starting in Mainland China, Singapore, and HongKong, HiNounou delivers a comprehensive healthcare solution that empowers Seniors and gives families peace of mind. In partnership with AXA Partners China and PingAn, two of the world’s leaders in insurance, we can ensure that Seniors, have access to affordable health care and adequate insurances.” Charles Bark, Cofounder and CEO HiNounou